Saturday, September 06, 2008

Photo journal update

One of the places we stopped by in Charleston was a wonderful little cafe called Kaminsky's Most Excellent Cafe. Our waiter recommended the tollhouse pie.


90 seconds later...


I think the best part about eating fish is the skin. More often than not I ruin it in the act of searing the fish, either because my pan is not hot enough or there isn't enough fat, etc etc. I thought I did pretty well here.


I also recently made monkfish, apparently Morgan's favourite fish - lightly dusted in flour, pan-seared and finished in the oven.


I paired it with a corn succotash with okra and portabello mushrooms.


As a home cook, I love the challenge of managing multiple dishes at once. I used to watch Jose in wonder as he managed four different pots and pans on the stove-top at once, with a protein cooking in the oven, and still brought everything to doneness at the same time.


The final product...

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails